The Euro Coaching Association finished the project “Towards a participatory democracy” funded by the NGO Fund (EEA Grants – Fondul ONG).
In this project two of our members went to Iceland to meet members of the Citizens Foundation and prepare our application for the project “Better Bucharest”. The mobility took place between 17th and 27 May 2014 in Reykjavik.
The results of our mobility:
– We sketched the first draft of our project “Better Bucharest”;
– We met our partners;
– We shared best practices;
– We learned about the democracy in Iceland;
– We developed a guide of best practices in online participatory democracy (download here);
– We learned how to use the open source code of Your Priorities in our platform (dezbatebucuresti).
The future platform will be developed at www.dezbatebucuresti.ro
The overall objective of the NGO Fund in Romania is “Strengthened civil society development and enhanced contribution to social justice, democracy and sustainable development”. The Programme will contribute to the overall objectives of the EEA Financial Mechanism to reduce economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area and to strengthen bilateral relations between Romania and the donor states Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway. The Fund Operator in Romania is Civil Society Development Foundation together with its partners Romanian Environmental Partnership Foundation and Resource Center for Roma Communities.