Deadline: 1 April 2016
Open to: PhD students and postdocs in economics and cognate disciplines
Venue: 15-17 June 2016, Lake Starnberg near Munich, Germany
The Institute for East and Southeast European Studies (IOS Regensburg) is calling for papers for 8th Joint IOS/APB/EACES Summer Academy on Central and Eastern Europe: Path Dependencies in Economic and Social Development: Institutions, Behavior, and Outcomes. Topics of papers include, but are not limited to:
- Cultural, economic, and institutional legacies of empires, socialist regimes, and wars;
- Long ‐ run persistence of values and attitudes;
- Determinants of individual socioeconomic outcomes and behavior;
- Spatial and historical determinants of economic policies and development;
- Economic reforms in (post ‐ )transition countries.
Preference will be given to papers focusing on Central and Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union.
The academy is open to PhD students and postdocs in economics and cognate disciplines. The number of participants is limited to 15. The workshop language is English.
The conference fee is EUR 50, including 2-nights single room accommodation and all meals.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 1 April 2016. To apply please send a short CV and an extended abstract (maximum 2,000 words) or a full paper. Submissions are invited online HERE. Accepted participants will be notified by 15 April 2016. Full accepted papers are expected by 20 May 2016.